EVO 2 Bridge DP215 review by DiMarzio

DiMarzio: EVO 2 Bridge DP215

Put in the bridge a mahogany Hagstrom Swede with a PAF Joe in the neck. Run into a Line 6 Pod HD 500 and from there, out to a Fender Super Champ XD. The pickup has a pretty tight bass response, and the highs and mids seem pretty balanced. Sound is very punchy and loud, which I like. Cleans are great, and hitting the strings hard will cause the slightest amount of break up. With moderate gain, it shimmers, and it only gets better with the more and more gain you pile on. I installed the pickup with Duncan Triple-shots for coil-splitting. Either coil sounds nice, and parallel sounds like quieter but brighter.

I highly recommend this pickup for any playing that requires both high gain and articulation, sounds fine in any genre that I've tried. Maybe too much mid-frequency on clean tones, but that's probably because I have it in a mid-rangey guitar. Use it right, and it will give you any tone you want. Many say that this pickup isn't good for rhythm, but I think that it sounds plenty good.

Ceramic magnet, high output, designed for Steve Vai. The pickup seems the same after six months. No problems what'soever, delivers any sounds needed. DiMarzio products are fantastic. I've played it in shows and it always sounds like a quality product, which it is!

grungelive72
    I heard these were only good for Vai stuff which makes sense, but they're not versatile in terms of chunkier metal tone and stuff.