Super Distortion T DP318 review by DiMarzio

DiMarzio: Super Distortion T DP318

Purchased from: musiciansfriend

I use the Super Distortion in the bridge position in a Schecter Damien B-52. The output level is great, sustain and pinch harmonics are great. I've had them for over six months and I had them in an ESP LTD F-250 and they sounded great in the bridge position. I've never put it in the neck position. I've been playing them through a Fender Frontman 212R, DigiTech RP80 and a BBE Dual Maxcom Compressor/Limiter/Maximizer. The tone is really clear and balanced. If EMGs scream, these pickups sing. They sound much more musical to my ear than EMG pickups do, they're very versatile and pleasant sounding, not sterile.

I love the way they sound. I put them in my Schecter Damien B-52 in the bridge position, I have great gain and sustain and when played with the neck pickup (DiMarzio PAF Pro) on a clean channel, it sounds clear and pristine. The only thing I don't like is how they fit into the guitar. They don't exactly sit firm like the EMGs did. They stay where you put them but there's not as much control with where exactly you want them.

The pickups are constructed solidly, no loose parts and feel like they'll last a long time. I've had them in two different guitars and never had a problem with them. Out of the package, they wire is nice and long and easily reaches into the cavity to the pots and the screws and springs are included and well made. There's no rust, or chipped paint.