Super Distortion T DP318 review by DiMarzio

DiMarzio: Super Distortion T DP318

Purchased from: JS Music Malaysia

The output level is high, more than enough to play aggressive music. I installed the pickup in the bridge position of my Indonesian made Tele. I'm currently using a Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal straight to normal PC speaker (with a sub woofer), some times I plug it into my Roland Micro Cube 12 cm (5 inches) x 1. On my cube it sounds super raw, but balanced in terms of bass, treble and mid. Some might say the pickup is bassy, just roll off the bass knob on your amp. Some of my friends disagree with me putting the pickup in a Tele, but when I match the super distortion with the stock Tele neck pickup (middle position switch), the tone can be describe as "gritty glassy hollow". The bridge position switch however, really pops up the "crunch" for distortion, as the name implies. Basically, this pickup is perfect for any song that requires average to plenty of distortion. For cleans, it has that very clear rounded sound, but the pickup is much much more suitable for distortion. The cleans sounds neutral, no attitude.

If there is only one thing to hate about the pickup, is the lack of personality it has for clean tones. For Telecaster users, I suggest you get DiMarzio Twang King, superb for cleans and some distortion.

I have been using the pickup for almost a year now, I don't think there will be any problem concerning the life of the pickup. This pickup is really dependable.