Power Rails review by Dragonfire

Dragonfire: Power Rails

Purchased from: dragonfireguitars.com

These pickups are great for such a low price. I was skeptical but I'm glad I was wrong. I got the black on black Power Rails and put them in the bridge and neck position of my ESP LTD V-200 and now its got the best metal tone out of all my guitars. These are pickups have alot of bass to them, even in my ltd which is basswood now has a bassier sound than my Les Paul which is mahogany with EMG's. I play lots of death metal like Suffocation, Nile, Origin and so on so these pickups are perfect for me. I've never played real DiMarzio X2N's so I can't compare these to the real thing. Even the cleans are good too, although they do get a little distorted at high volumes. Overall I love the sound.

Overall, I'm very happy with these pickups and am looking to try DragonFire's Phat Screamers next. Don't dismiss these pickups just because of the low price, they're just as good as name brand pickups.

I was surprised by the construction of these pickups. They've got a nice weight to them and really nice magnets. I've had them in my V for about 2 months and they still sound as good as they did the day I put them in.