DG20 review by EMG

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I've got to say these are the best pickups available for a Strat. They go from a tele sound to full blown humbucking w/o any noise whatsoever. I use a Zoom G2, Boss OD, Digi Death Metal, valve Junior/Cavin Vintage series Bell Air (both tube) in stereo. Sometimes I really crank the distortion and they sound great. They sound better than any other pickup through solid state too. I have EMG 81/85 in a humbucker guitar, the DG20s can sound like these but go in farther extremes. I would recomend these pickups over the 81/85.

What I love about these pickups is that you basicly have 4 guitars in one you have Tele (bottom tone down top tone up), Strat (both tones down), LP, SG etc. (bottom tone up top tone down) and my favorite, strat on steroids (both tones up) I have it on my Mex Strat it made a huge difference vs the old pickups I just dropped the scratchplate it comes assembled in in a matter of minuits, soldered a couple wires and I was off playing not beliving my ears.

I can definitely rely on them to sound good 100% of the time I usually go around 9 months before changing the battery. The only downside to these pickups (which is also an upside) is that they are active which means they sound better, but they run on a battery, not a big deal to me but it is to some people. Note: unplug your guitar when you are done playing, leaving it plugged in will drain the battery.

xVDHx
    They are beautiful. Nuff said. Protip: When doing heavy solos, bottom tone knob all the way up and the top one down, or youll get a lot of weird noises. The top one gives a beautiful clean, tho.
    b-rock34
    I have 'em in my Strat. Soooo versatile. Incredibly smooth and warm. I didn't like the pearloid pick guard, so I swapped it for my plain white one.