HZ H4 review by EMG

EMG: HZ H4

Price paid: A$ 100

This pickup was put into my Ibanez SA120 in the bridge position replacing the stock pickups. The output level on these pickups is amazing. I'm running it through a Line 6 Spider IV 15 watt so it really doesn't get the justice it's worth but I have also played it through a JCM800 and in this I loved it. The tone of the pickup favors trebly sounds more than anything else but also has some nice mids and bassy sounds to it. The pickup, as stated before, is placed in the bridge but I have heard of people putting it in the neck position but it's really up to you.

Everything about this pickup I love. It's got a great sound of which I have been searching for. I would recommend this pickup to anyone who is playing metal, rock, punk, funk and the sort. I don't think it would suit jazz or softer genres to well.

The pickup seems like it will last as long as you have had someone put it in properly. There is almost no buzzing at all when not playing which is nice. The pickup seems like it could take a beating of the pick if now and then when playing because of the cover. I think this pickup is very dependable for as long as someone has put it in properly and not done a bad job.

cherryblaster
    I just bought one and the pickup does just says EMG not EMG HZ. Is it a fake?
    guitar-name
    There's no reason to suppose that it's a fake just because it only says EMG,that's just how they come I think. I wouldn't worry unless you bought it from a dodgy source. Also,new pickups can take a bit of getting used to,play with your amp settings and wotnot,it'll be voiced differently to whatever you swapped it for.
    griffon.kunkel
    I have an epiphone les Paul nightfall addition and it comes with these pickups an I recently had a guitar recital and I did a jazz piece. If you turn the tone knobs down and use the neck pickup it sounds very bassy and jazzy
    notryt
    plastic has nothing to do with the amount of sustainyou are lacking .. if you said metal covers, different story entirely