SV Vintage Single Coil Active Pickup Set review by EMG

EMG: SV Vintage Single Coil Active Pickup Set

It's a set of 3 single-coil pickups. The EMG-SV has "plucky" percussive attack, but much smoother, less scratchy distortion sound and more output. It's truly a marriage of Vintage magnetic design and state of the ART electronics. The SV features preamp that breaks the noise barrier beyond -100dbV. It's so quiet it's impossible to tell the guitar is even plugged in at high gain levels. It's also a pickup that uses the Quik-Connect system that allows you to swap pickups easily. If you're looking for a pickup that departs from the usual stop, but takes a different route, the EMG-SV is a perfect choice. I it it with Line6 SpiderIII and Marshall Mg series 30dfx amps, and Boss GT-10 effects.

I love the sound of them, but I don't like their price. I think that 219$ is quite expensive for pickups. But well "you want quality you've got to pay" I guess. I installed them into my Fender Custom Classic Stratocaster. They sound well with it, they are different of the stock pickups. Which were good as well.

The pickups are very good quality, they seem like they will last. But it also depends on how will you install them. I can depend on them, They are some great pickups. I think that they were well done.

b-rock34
    I've got SA's. I love 'em! Smooth and warm. By far the most versatile pickup I have played!
    kevinpaul
    I put a set in my number one Strat. The best buy I made in years. As close to perfect as I will ever get. I have tested about every pick up you can think of, EMG makes the best I can find.