Texas Special Strat Bridge Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 09/09/2015 category: Pickups
Fender: Texas Special Strat Bridge
This pickup has a great punch to it, if you use something like a cranked AC30, this pickup will just blow you awayю
 8.9
 9.3
 8.5
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Texas Special Strat Bridge Reviewed by: ilikekfc, on september 09, 2015

Purchased from: Thomann

Sound: This pickup has a great punch to it, if you use something like a cranked AC30, this pickup will just blow you away, the bite on the high end really comes out when you need it, the mids are at a nice level and the bass can really twang. It does sound good clean, but it can be a little too hot for clean tones, at least with my set-up anyway, I use an AC30 and Fender 94-Twin Amp at the same time. When you get to the high gain parts, this pickup does well when trying to keep up with Humbuckers, obviously, this pickup isn't the best when trying to play metal, but it' snot far off. With the clean tones, it can seem thin, and too ear piercing at times. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This pickup feels great, the brass plate is a good thickness, this thing couldn't feel sturdier. I replaced the original Squier pickup with this one, with a Bare Knuckle Piledriver, and honestly, this feels a lot better than the previous BK and the original, a lot weightier, which I like, makes it feel more sturdy, plus, it's from Fender, they have a big reputation to live up to, so they won't want to be letting out badly made pickups (more than I can say for some of their guitars). Pickups are certainly something they're doing right. // 10

Overall Impression: I really like this pickup, I've had to fort a while, and have never felt the need to replace it. I use it in a Squier Classic Vibe Сustom, I have a strat pickup in the middle and a humbucker in the neck, I mainly use the strat pickup for cleans, as it sounds fatter and smoother, and the humbucker for melodic parts, the bridge gets used for the loud distortion, where I wants loads of feedback, as the output just comes out with the most beautiful squeels. As I said before it can sound thin on some clean tones, but if you have a nice country set-up, this pickup would sound ace. // 10

Comments