Classic II Alnico 2 Vintage Wound Zebra Humbucker review by GFS

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
GFS: Classic II Alnico 2 Vintage Wound Zebra Humbucker

Really nice sound on my import Slash LP replica. Much better than the stock ones it came with. Bridge pickup is HOT enough to get good harmonics from. Neck pickup is smooth.

Bridge pickup wound to 8.2K, Neck to 7.8K. I purchased this set for a LP Slash import that I got. The pickups that came with it were a little too hot. I wanted a tone that was smoother. These were a great choice for this guitar. I wanted to try something else besides the high dollar SD Slash pickups and attempt to get close to the tone for the price. I am pretty satisfied with my choice. The set cost me about 70 bucks with shipping. GFS sends a diagram along with the pickups. It was easy to follow and easy to get these installed. These pickups are potted. From the GFS site: Classic II's come with a 4 wire cable + shield, and come with a black staggered height pickup ring, four pickup ring screws and our famous illustrated instructions. GFS was great. I emailed them and told them what I was after and they pointed me in the right direction. Orange Tiny Terror / Marshall JCM 800 Slant Cab. Guitar Rig 5.

The Pickup seems like it will last forever. I can depend on it. The packing of the pickups was very good and the instructions were easy to follow for getting them installed.