Power Rails review by GFS

Purchased from: www.Guitarfetish.com

I will say that for $36 dollars, the output of these pickups is something other. They have a high output and it is very crunch but clean at the same time. Depending on if I have Distortion on or not. When you adjust your tone knobs right you can get the Neck pickups to sound like a dimebucker. The tones can really range from anything. it's suitable for all kinds of music, but more specifically rock and metal. You can actually purchase the pickups for a neck or bridge, so you get the best of both worlds there.

I really love the sound that it produces. Very powerful, and deep when in the bridge position, with the tone around 6 (I like that sound, even on my cheap Crate GFX-30. (but especially when hooked up to a tube amp). I also liked the looks of them. They were very clean and kind of broke away from the naked humbucker look. Kinda of like a Zakk Wylde kind of look.

The pickups were very clean when I pulled them out of the box. They fit just fine in my Dean Vendetta, and looked really good. I would really consider these as first resort pickups if I went gigging. I think that they could really last a while. I think that for the price, even if something did happen to the pair I have now, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair.

GunLeatherGuy
    Ive had these in a Jackson Dinky, a Schecter c1 Plus and now a Samick UM3 and replaced the neck pickup on my Schecter M33 T1, which has a killer OEM Bridge pickup. Everytime replacing Duncan designed PUPs...and now they sound very very good. Kinda a cross of 59/JB's and Active 81/85's....that versatile. I have a Jackson with Mighty Mite Mother Buckers and they have more power than these...but these are a better overall pickup. Alot more depth in the Bass and a better clarity in clean playing.