VEH - Vintage Extra Hot review by GFS

GFS: VEH - Vintage Extra Hot

The VEH is a very magnificent bridge pickup which I find suitable for all types of guitars and can cover a wide range of styles. I tried this through a variety of modeling amps, (Mustang, G-Dec etc.) but it also sounds incredible through a variety of tube amps. I installed this in my Fender MIM in the bridge with 2 single coils in the neck and middle. The output was just a little bit louder than the single coils, and it made a good match with them. However, in a Les Paul or SG it might be not loud enough compared to the neck pickup. I know I will get some nasty comments about this, but I installed it backwards because I liked the sound better. I did not hesitate to hit some AC/DC and Journey. This is the perfect pickup for that. Surprisingly, Van Halen wasn't exact but I think this is because of my distortion.It is a rather bright pickup, but smooths out in the higher notes.

Overall, this is one of the best pickups I'd played.l I'd buy it again, and I think it's incredible. I did use 250k pots because of the single coils, and I think this pickup couldn't sound better. I got the Zebra Bridge model. It came packed up really good, and the instructions are stellar. I am planning to do a lot more shopping there in the future. Love it.

I've never broken a pickup (or for that matter seen someone break a pickup) so it's fine. It's a bit (barely) wobbly in the pickguard, but that's because of the pickguard not the pickguard. I can definately depend on the bad boy. Ten I guess. I'd probably give any pickup ten out of ten.