V7 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: V7

Well the V7 is an Ibanez stock pickup, less output than the Infinity series but still somewhat hot, more like a medium-high gain. Its name suggest what its good for, "Vintage 7" hence the medium to high output. Right now I'm using it in my Ibanez RG3EXFM1 since I haven't changed them (their stock) and I run it through Randall amps, and a mix of pedals, the Boss Ce, ISP Decimator, Hao Rust Driver, MXR Flanger to name some. It sounds great through all with its very balanced tone. I just wish it had a little more low end. However it gets muddy when tuned below B. Its a neck pickup so of course it'll have a round glassy tubescreamer kinda sound, but this one keeps some high end. you may want to back off ur tone knob though. Bridge, would be a dumb idea to put this in. Also its passive. Almost forgot to mention, clean sounds great, no breakup at all. Very round, watery tone.

Well, I like it honestly. When compared to other stock pickups, Ibanez is usually not the best company, but the Infinity and V series aren't horrible like many say they are. Of course their going to have crap tone when compared to Blackouts, and PAF's. I enjoy the subtle dynamics you can achieve with the v's but since its a neck pickup, I don't plan to use it much besides clean. Neck pos.

Pickup durability reliability etc. good, its covered so don't have to worry about its screws and stuff. Hast shorted or done anything to me since I bought the guitar 1 1/2 years ago.

saint_berzerker
    Ibanez has some decent stock pickups. Just took out my v8 bridge and was surprised it was actually made in Japan. Of course the replacement sounds much better...but for what they are, they're good pickups.
    kristbubnjar
    The pickup sounds rather harsh if ur using anything below a 0.4 capacitator. My guitar setup is that the volume and tone knobs are at 8 witch rather helps alot as the pickup itself has the tendency to step into the little overdrive range at clean settings (look at it ass always having a +1 on scale of overdrive if at full volume). Keith Merrowor or Billy Talent-s alike complex cords ar way to distordet to sound ass anything nicer than newborn child struming trough high gain. Progressive players stay away from it. Baree and chord players will be disapointed in the string sepparation and the overal pickup eq. As for soloing and shreding oh yes it sounds gorgeous if ur able to get the right settings. so thers a + 1000 points for that, just put a little reverb and delay in it and get it saturated, lay back and enjoy shreding the fuck out of it cause thats what this pickup is al about realy (think of Victor Ohllson - Headbanger Highway) . Its a bridge pickup so expect alot of attack from it. My guitar is from 2002 and the pickups have not rusted at all and look better then the ones i had in my old LTD from 2006. The pickup has instead of regullar screws the hexagonal ones.Pickup seems fairly durable ,and is well waxed. As im not used to guitars without pickup rings I was kinda disapointed. All alse is a 10. This pickup came with my guitar which is Ibanez RG620. I bough the guitar from a guy as second hand and it costed me 360 USD. the pickup is a 7.5 of 10 hott. Woud recomend to swap pickups.