V8 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: V8

Medium to high output, a very sharp, crisp tone until ur tuning below C, I run my RG3EXFM1 through Randall amps, and a basic pedalboard (chorus, boost, delay, compressor, flanger etc.) Its name suggests what it would be best with, and its right when suggested "Vintage 8". Its not as bad as most people say V series are. A very balanced, but just a tiny bit mid oriented. Solos Shine on this, and it can achieve great dynamics when played properly. However, harmonics don't seem to show up very well on it. Would never put the thing in neck pos. Maybe middle, put I'm kinda ehhh about middle pos. humbuckers. Clean is somewhat warm, with a little brightness and a hint of mid. It can get great sparkling kinda tones when tweaked from the amp. But still not as crisp as singles.

I like it honestly. I can only say I wish it had more bass, but just a little, and was a tad less bright on the clean channel. Besides that. Its a good stock pickup from Ibanez, many will say its crap, but their comparing it to Blackouts, EMG's, Paf's etc. don't listen to them, its always good to switch pu's though. Its in my Ibanez RG3EXFM1 as of now, with its brother the V7 in the neck. I don't plan to switch them for now, but I will down the line. Its in the Bridge pos.

Very durable, hasn't failed me once. Its passive so no battery and stuff. Its covered so no screw corrosion. And yes, I can depend on it.

kristbubnjar
    The pickup has nice round bassy tone , small but cristal highs ,but lacks a punch in the midle. distordet its made for djent, cause u know... ur playng one string,2 ,accidentally hit the third XD, so it can hendle it,anything more i woudnt recomend. Has moderate to low output (exept for the bass , it got to mutch of it). would recomend easy swap for black winter neckt they are kindof eq wise alike exept the v8 is 1/5 of what the BW is.
    kristbubnjar
    sorry i mest up , im talking about the neck pickup here in the coment (13.november) sorry
    countryboy67
    Are the V7/V8 pickups F-spaced or standard? I'm looking to replace the pickups in my RG3EXFM1 with Gravity Storms but I don't have the time to take the pickup covers off and measure them right now.
    OGSawedOff
    They are regular. I am not fond of the ones on my RG-470, mos def go with the Gravity Bongs, err.. I mean, Gravity Storms.