Hot Slag review by IronGear

IronGear: Hot Slag

Price paid: £ 24.95

Purchased from: Axetec

For what you are paying for my god, the value is incredible, its very good for rock and metal songs. Its high output, the pickup is capable of clean tones with high clarity. And Pinch harmonics sound incredible on it, if you want to have an idea of how it sounds go on the Iron Gear website you can listen to the sound clips on it, from neck to bridge in clean and dirty. The pickups tone is very balanced, and suitable for anything. Specs DC Resistance: Bridge = 16kOhm, Neck = 15.3kOhm Pole Spacing: Bridge = 52mm, Neck = 50mm Magnet Type: Alnico V Conductors: 4 Conductor Format: Humbucker Supplied complete with screws and springs

I love everything about it, but it gives you a PRS sort of sound, its really nice, but I prefer a Strat tone so personally for me that's the only problem, and I've got a Stratocaster and I added this to my cheap Ibanez GSA60 and my god the improvement is fantastic. You can own a Gibson Les Paul, swap the stock pickup with these and I guarantee it would be an improvement and only for 24.95pound its way worth it. What I hate about them is that I got the Zebra style ones and dare I say looked cheap, but my god when you hear it you just stop caring. My positioning of the pickups is on the bridge position, I tend to favour trebly tones, and I like pinch harmonics so it makes sense to have it there.

You know what I don't care at all because you have a life time guarantee, and I'm very positive these will last for a very long time their are made very well.

rickster100
    Got one of these in my BC Rich Gunslinger Retro. What a difference over the stock pickups. Well worth a look if you're thinking of swapping the stock ones, the Steam Hammer is worth a look too.
    Shoji001
    dont look too shabby! never heard of this brand before, need to check 'em out a bit. paint jobs a bit.... meh =)
    Kingnichendrix
    neither did i until about 2 weeks ago, i got their pickups and i was thinking wtf! how can they be so good
    drslackbladder
    Kingnichendrix
    drslackbladder : They are incredible. I'm used to high end Jacksons with Seymour Duncan pups. I bought an Epi Les Paul Custom for throwing around at band practice, swapped out the stock Epi pups for a set of these in neck and bridge (no zebra stripes, just black) and the difference is unbelievable. Incredible tone for blues, rock, even metal; easily up there with the Seymour Duncans and at about one third the price!
    In some cases even a 5th
    richyt93
    I own some of these in my Epiphone SG400, and it sounds so much better than when it had the stock pickups. 8/10 from me.