Double Humbuckers review by Jackson

Purchased from: The Rockshop.

The output is really good for factory standard pickups I'm not even going to change them because to be honest there better then some of the EMG's I've had in previous years. They have Black cover over the top with Jackson written on it. I am using a Johnson Power 10 amp and mt2 and ds1 effect pedals. The tone is very even, they obviously suit the sound of heavy metal metal(Seeing that's what Jackson's are made for.) I'd say maybe abit more on the trebly side. I play with my selector on the front pick up but if it's on the back they sound fine abit empty for me but that's what some people are into, in the middle it really sounds the same as the front.

I love these pickups because there really good factory pickups and I'm not worried about replacing them. They were installed into a Jackson Dinky JS30DKT Hardtail(I think that's right??) They are right at the front and at the backup(Standard) and I'm not gonna bother changing them becuase that would stupid. I know these are probably unable to buy but there worth having a review for so F**k it. Overall these pickups are good enough to be sold and will satisfy all ym needs for awhile.

These pickups fell really secure and I didn't need to adjust them and they seem to take accidental pick scraping with out marking. I can and will depend on these for awhile to come you can bet on that.These pickups do move when you try but don't all pickups move? If not there is something wrong. I will keep them in my Jackson forever because these are real good pickups and becuase pickups are so overpriced especially EMG's.

santomon
    I just bought a Jackson at a pawn shop...$199 ...Missing a tone knob but everything else seemed to be in order... needs new strings...Has the standard Jackson Pickups which I was going to replace with the Seymore Duncan...However...not sure if that's going to be necessary ...lol So far they sound pretty damn good... This guitar seems to play a bit hotter with more sustain than my Les Paul Custom which is brand new...The action is set pretty high but the guitar stays in tune...I've noticed that it's important not to fret the notes to hard or it will sound out of tune...Anyway, I think I really got my money's worth...always wanted a Jackson... The neck feels great!
    shecter guy
    um...im glad you are happy with them and i dont want to start an argument, but these came in a Jackson king V i had JS32 model i believe. it influenced my to trade the guitar. way too muddy for my, not enough treble or clarity in the bridge pickup. sounds like you are trying to play on the neck pickup and that doesnt work well for metal. glad you are happy with them but IMO even my passive EMG HZ pickups are worlds of improvement