HSDO-1 Super Distortion review by Kent Armstrong

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Kent Armstrong: HSDO-1 Super Distortion

This is a high output, tight, bassy bridge pickup. Well, I use it in the bridge, which I'd advise. I love bass and mids for my tones with a bit less treble so it's perfect. I'm running it through a Blackstar HT5 and an Orange PPC112 and the pickup is in an Ibanez SAS32FM so with the maple top and the rosewood fingerboard it's excellent. I've also noticed more definition in the strings aswell with this pickup, every note is heard as apposed to the stock Ibanez pickup which I had in before which was very muddy. I compared the two pickups and not only is the tone improved but the sustain is epic, I'd say twice as long as the stock pickup.

Overall impression is good so far, a sturdy, shiny, sustainy pickup which for 40 lets be honest is amazing. I haven't found fault yet but I'm hard to please so I'm sure I'll find something. Definitely worth checking these pickups out though, especially for the price!

It seems like a sturdy pickup, I've only had it for a month and haven't gigged with it yet but will be gigging in the next few weeks, so we'll see! I bought the nickel covered one so it stands out from the open double coil neck pickup and it looks fantastic. I'll upload a picture to my profile so you can see for yourself.