Motherbucker Humbucking Pickup Review

manufacturer: Mighty Mite date: 03/29/2011 category: Pickups

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Mighty Mite: Motherbucker Humbucking Pickup
 8.7
 7.4
 8,438
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Motherbucker Humbucking Pickup Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 29, 2011

Purchased from: JC's Guitars, Algonquin, il

Sound: Very high output humbucker pickups, I have the Motherbucker model. The output is 17ohm for the neck and 21 ohm for the bridge. I use it with a Vox AD60VTX and a small bc rich practice amp. After several adjustments, I found the "sweet spot" on my Samick GT1 V and am very impressed. The alnico V magnets give this pickup a great tone, both chords and individual notes ring out and adjusting the balance of the pickups was easy. The bass tones a rich and clean and balances out well with the treble and midrange. Overall, I am extremely impressed. I got a great price on the pickups, and would feel I got a great deal at 2 to 3 times the price. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The pickups are SOLID and the wires are easy to work with. Having owned mighty mite pickups before, I know I can depend on them. One thing about mighty mite, is even their basic starter pickups sound good, I have 2 single coils installed in my strat style guitar and they sound very good. I put a matched set of their mighty rails in a Samick malibu strat style guitar and they sounded great. When I put the guitar up for sale, it sold in 1 day. // 10

Overall Impression: What I like about these pickups most is the tone. Absolutely spot on clean and dirty. Overdriven these pickups give me the classic rock/blues tone I like. I installed these pickups in a Samick GT1 V style guitar, with Agathis wood for the body. The tone I am getting from this guitar was good before I installed the pickups, but sound great now. I have a matched set in neck and bridge positions. // 10

More Mighty Mite reviews rating category latest review