Vintage Original Review

manufacturer: Rock Monkey Guitars date: 01/24/2011 category: Pickups

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

This is based on the 1957 PAF, which uses Alnico 2 magnet.
 4.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Vintage Original Reviewed by: Archer18, on january 24, 2011

Purchased from: www.rockmonkeyguitars.com

Sound: This is based on the 1957 PAF, which uses Alnico 2 magnet. I'm currently using a ValvePower - Rothwell Heartbreaker - Watkins Copicat - Epi Les Paul Classic. It's a rather Vintage output pickup and is somewhat bright, but in no way brittle. It produces a really thick tone, which results in great clarity especially with high gain. E.g. When you hold an open chord, it is rich with harmonics and the sustain is great. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I got Zebra bobbins. I have both the Smooth Heritage and Vintage Original which I installed about a year ago (2010) and I have had no problems with them at all. They look really well made. I have played various gigs with them and they always deliver without any problems. // 10

Overall Impression: I love the really thick tone, rich harmonics and clarity that this pickup produces. I play alot of higher gain stuff and the pickup is handles it really well. I installed this into an Epiphone Les Paul Classic in the bridge position and I couldn't be happier with it. Well worth it. // 9

More Rock Monkey Guitars reviews rating category latest review