AHB-1 Blackouts review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: AHB-1 Blackouts

What the out out level like? High, very high, which in my case translates to the perfect pick ups. I'm running these through a Bugera 333XL 120w head, and they've found thier home in my les paul. No pedals or anything, but the pick ups alone make a very noticable difference as opposed to the Gibson humbuckers they replaced. I'm very satisfied with the tone they produce, its great for those who are in with the metal, even the cleans were better than I expected they would be. The notes are cystal clear when I play, sweep picks sound 100 times better than they did with the old passive humbuckers, as do solos, even the chugga chugga sounds better the chords are more distinct. Sometimes with passives I've noticed that if you in a dropped tuning and chugging chords out on the lower registers you'll get a constant open sound as if you werent even playing chords, but with the blackouts one can tell the difference.

These pick ups sound amazing, I play 98% metal that all falls into the heavier spectrum of metal. These pick ups go hand in hand with my music. They make everything sound alot clearer than it did with my passives. Thier also quieter too, all the pops and crackles and unnessacary noise is eliminated making for a more enjoyable experience playing. Overall these pick ups have affected every part of my playing in a positive way, they force you learn how to play cleaner because any mistake goes more pronoucned, as they pick up everything that goes on that fretboard, and I view this as a postive thing rather than a bad thing. I <3 these. So if your thinking about getting them stop thinking and just buy them.

I've been waiting for the "OMG nothing could ever be better than this" feeling that people like to get when they get something new. But that has'nt gone away because these pick ups just amaze me every time I play my guiar. I can't say wether or not they'll last, although they seem to be built to be tough and Seymour Duncan has a damn good rep, the only thing that wears out is the battery, but thier actives...and unless they come up with an active pick up that doesn't need a battery that problem will alwasy exsist. So yes I can depend on them, I keep a spare battery at all times too, just like a spare set of strings.

grungelive72
    talon_scca09 wrote: I just said the hell with it and got a Schecter Blackjack ATX and it already has the Blackouts in it and it's sick... lol
    THIS!
    dzarave
    i've got an ibanez art320 bought years ago. was thinking of installing blackouts into it. will there be any kind of problems coz of the body is consist of a maple top?
    ralleymonkey
    Got a question...The 25K pots and the stereo input that come with the pickup , is it manditory that you install them? any help would be greatly appreciated
    bodom alexi
    so uh you play live with a 15 watt amp. dude either ur lying bout playing live or ur just a tottal dumbass
    Ajm1486
    Hey guys I have a issue im exchanging my stock humbuckers in my ltd f-50 and was curious if the Blackouts would be my best bet? I play in a lot of drop tuning and while playing switch to clean guitar.
    ShaneCallaghan
    I have these in My Les Paul 7 string and they sound amazing. I have them wired with a killpot and I didn't even need to rout a battery pack because it fits in the back cavity with a little foam.