AHB-3 Mick Thomson EMTY review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: AHB-3 Mick Thomson EMTY

Purchased from: Bills Music on Ebay

The output levels on these pups are fantastic, these pickups scream in the nicest way. Pick slides sound great, harmonics are top notch! These pickups have some good tone the bass and mid are not too intense as some might think for a Mick Thomson signature. The treble stands out great and the thing I love most is the tight bottom end. I can get all the tone of Drop D in Drop C or B which with other pickups would have been a bit muddier at times. The response and sound is great. The cleans are really good powerful cleans. The neck has more punch and has a bite with the treble. The neck pickup sounds great nice and thick with great tone for chords. If you Switch on both it sounds nice especially with some reverb. These are best suited to metal and drop tunings but that's because its most outstanding qualities are put to great use, this is definitely well rounded.

I love the searing high end and the tight low end. Great clarity in the tone never run into a muddy chord yet playing as low as Drop A. These are responsive and sound great paired together. I love the look of them, they didn't come with pickup rings included. I myself picked up a chrome pair of pickup rings. The seven on the side is nice looking too. Everything about these are sharp I would definitely recommend these!

I haven't had these for years and years so I cannot account for long term durability but everything seems so solid! Seymour Duncan knows how to make some choice pickups and these are no different. These are dependable they're quiet if you mute the strings no loud buzz. If there is any buzz either the pickups are too high or just lower the volume to say 9 or 8 and it should sound prime.