APH-1 review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: APH-1

Price paid: A$ 100

Purchased from: Size Music

I have this pickup in the rhythm position of my guitar. It is a moderate output pickup and this suits its tone. It has a very nice crunch and warm tone. It sounds great in my Les Paul playing some guns n roses with that warm crunchy tone. The tone is very well balanced but it doesn't have much treble but that suits me quite well. Io play this through my Line 6 amp and it sounds amazing when I have the amp on my crunch sound and playing some amazing rhythms and switching it everynow and then for my solos. I have this pickup with an alternative 8 by Seymour Duncan in the bridge and those two sound amazing with the bridge a high output and then that crunchy rhythm.

this is a great pickup for anyone looking for a moderate output pickup for that warm crunch tone. It sounds amazing in my Gibson Les Paul playing through my Line 6 Spider. Its amazingly well made and if you buy this you will have this for longer then your guitar would last. There isn't one thing I hate about this pickup it is very good for rhythm but I wouldn't use it at all for the bridge position because it doesn't have that high output to cut through when you play live, I have the alternative 8 as my bridge which is very high output and that cuts through then I have a nice solid rhythm.

I would depend on this pickup. Just by looking at it you can tell its well built and feeling it in my hands it is tough and would withstand anything. I don't think I'll ever have to replace this pickup. This pick up is made well, when installed it is very stable and would withstand anything that you bump against it or anything. The electrical work in the pickup is very very sound. The wires are top of the range and I don't see any faults happening with this pickup at all so I can just forget about the electronics of it.

creampuffwar200
    I have both of the Seymour Duncan slash pickups in my prs se single cut and I am very pleased. There is and almost endless amount of sustain on top of the guitar being a single cut. Sound great in the neck position the bridge needs a slight bass boost. I play through a 30 watt all tube prs combo and without any effects, because the amp has none, it is just shy of perfection. With my effects loop I can achieve it. Yeah right I'm not slash so close to perfect anyway
    kevinpaul
    They came on my ESP, very nice sound with out going crazy with the settings
    oragna
    I am looking at humbuckers with a rich tone, not too bassy, but powerful, wich one would have a richer tone? APH-1 or APH-2 Alnico II pickups?