SA-3HC Woody HC review by Seymour Duncan

Purchased from: music123

This is a humbucker soundhole pickup with a maple housing and studio-quality cable. Not particularly hot, but I like this in order to avoid feedback. With my Washburn dreadnought guitar it is a bit bassy and tinny at the same time. But I run it through a DigiTech RP70 effects processor so I tweek the EQ and it sounds warm and full. I also plan to run it through my Fender electric guitar amp but I still don't expect to use it without the effects processor live. Works great with all the Digitech's modulating effects just as good as an electric. The tone is fairly natural but not as much as Fishman pickups inside the box I've tried. It has more sustain and at times seems a bit more electric than acoustic. All in all, I'm satisfied.

This is a really good pickup. Like I said before, it isn't as natural sounding as one inside the box but it's the best soundhole pup I've tried. I suggest using with a small-box guitar since with my dreadnought there is a tendency to feed back and I have to cut the bass entirely on the EQ. For the price, I imagine that the comparable versions by DiMarzio and Dean Markley are very similar.

Seems solid enough. The wood is nice and hard and the cable is studio quality. I really can't say much else about it because I've only owned the product a week.