SH-10 Full Shred 7-String review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SH-10 Full Shred 7-String

These pickups can really support drop tunings like drop A without getting muddy or sloppy. Every note is precise whether it's on the 24th fret of high e or first fret of drop A. Also, playing to bands like Chelsea Grin, chords and tritones are clear and you can really get that "chugging" sound out of it. Meanwhile if you like Petrucci works like "Dark Eternal Night" it is still good. Overall tone is balanced and no complaints. Very good for passive pickups. You may have to play with the height and the adjustable poles to get the sound you are looking for, though.

I love these pickups for their sound and their reliability. If you need passive pickups for your seven string these are the way to go. Plus, they look amazing with their gloss black finish. I installed them in my Ibanez RG7321 and they work beautifully. I got them in the bridge and neck positions and they Switch smoothly. The one complain I have is you are paying a bit for the name. These pickups are probably truly worth around $70 but that won't matter after you plug them in.

Although I never "gigged" with these pickups yet they do seem durable and reliable. I've had them for a month and they sound great to any style of music and can handle a lot of distortion. Every set of Seymour Duncans I've ever encountered lasted a long time and these don't look any different.