SH-13 Dimebucker review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SH-13 Dimebucker

This is a Seymour Duncan bridge pickup that I bought in 2007. I replaced the stock bridge pickup in my Epiphone Les Paul Classic with the dimebucker for a more metal tone and it delivered. This pickup has a lot of output which is great for handling distortion as well as really bringing out the tone of the guitar and flawless harmonics. I could really notice a difference in clarity as well, even with the distortion you could pick out every note. The only downside of this was that I thought the pickup was a bit too trebbly for a good bridge pickup. Even in the hulking les paul it still had too much brightness for me personally (and it made it really difficult to really get that Dime tone).

I really liked the fact that this pickup could push my guitar over the top as far as distortion goes, but it had a little too much high end for me and would probably not buy another. it's not bad, just with 1000's of pickups I would like to try something different.

Seemed just as good as any other pickup, what can be said I usually don't go around breaking pickups. Since it was passive and a Seymour Duncan it is extremely reliable, get the same tone every time. It came with a warranty so if anything ever did go wrong it wouldn't be a problem trying to get it resolved.

bdof
    minchew
    bdof : This wasn't the pickup that helped shape his tone, it was a Bill Lawrence pickup in the bridge. This is actually just a more expensive version of the exact same thing I was about to bring that up. I prefer the bill lawrence pickups. Heavy as F*** and a lot cheaper.
    sewoo55
    the cleans are not so good... for ppl like me who are EXCEPTIONALLY concerned about the sound quality of the cleans and not just the distortion wouldn't wanna buy this pickup
    duzit89
    i've tried these but never bought.. they sound deadly.. but definately not my kinda sound.. to each his own..