SH-13 Dimebucker review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SH-13 Dimebucker

Price paid: C$ 114

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

This is a very high output passive pickup used for the bridge position only. Instead of pole magnets, it uses bar magnets. With the guitar I'm using it in (my Washburn RX22 - you can find my review on UG), it's a very nicely balanced pickup in terms of bass, mids and treble. I'm currently running a Randall RG75 solid state amplifier, and a handful of Boss and Dunlop effects (check my profile for the pieces of gear). Just because it is high output doesn't mean it can't handle styles other than metal well. I play different styles of metal, rock, pop and country, as well as dabbling in blues-rock. This pickup does them all nicely.

As stated above, I installed it in a Washburn RX22 in the bridge position. I love how it was a vast improvement in tone over the stock pickups of the guitar and I do not regret buying this pickup for a minute. Before you all start trolling and say "He's a Dime fanboy for giving it all ten's", I bought this pickup solely based on its sound, not on the name slapped onto the pickup cover. I also considered other pickups from Seymour Duncan, as well as looking into a few by DiMarzio (EMG was completely overruled because I'm not a fan of active pickups - I find they sound too compressed for my liking) but ultimately decided this was the pickup for me. I mainly play metal in a lot of its different subgenres, as well as hard rock stuff, and the tone suits it perfectly. I was pleasantly surprised at how capable it was of handling other styles as well.

I've only had the pickup installed in my guitar for about a month, but the pickups does seem like it will last. I'm actually considering buying another one for my other guitar as well because I was so impressed with the quality of the pickup.

Slash``_Bg
    Hello folks,does anyone of you know what output level(mv) Dimebucker provides ???