SH-13 Dimebucker review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SH-13 Dimebucker

This is the highest output "passive" pick-up I have ever used, shocked me when I got it in a Dime ML guitar, I mainly have EMG pickups 81 and 85 I also have Blackouts in the bridge in some of my guitars and this is Up there with those Pickups the tone is NOT Dime bags when you use your own gear (I use Line 6 X3 Live and VST plugins into Carvin 1000 watt 4/quads and Marshall JCM 900) it's METAL for sure for me it's more high end & far from Muddy with clear heavy tone in the bridge position I have played and replaced it in this guitar with a EMG 81 and blackouts just to comparer the tones and well the Dimebucker IS a very metal pickup and I would say if you want a passive with Major metal tone this is the pickup to go for.

Metal tone from a passive pickup in the bridge position is the real gold here, It's got strong high end with very clear low end tone without distortion you could do blues or rock with it but you are dealing with a high output LOUD pickup so having a more mellow neck pickup would be advisable if you want a flexible tone from a single guitar, the good things about the pickup is as you add more distortion it doesn't get muddy due to the tone this delivers, a very cool pickup if your after that metal tone. The Deam ML I have it in suits the tone perfectly and the match makes a Very lively guitar. Very happy I got this pickup and guitar combo.

Solid well build pickup from Seymour Duncan. What more is can I say?... OK I have had many Seymour Duncan pickups over the years and none and I really mean NONE have had a single issue. Quality and build is second to none from these guys, I am sure it will last for many years to come unless I do a Jimi Hendrix and freak out setting the guitar and pickup alight in a flaming BBQ lighter liquid while screaming and trying to find the prefect feedback sound as my guitar pickups melts in the hope the shows I put on is good enough for a endorsement from Seymour Duncan to replace this pickup!

Bighands888
    Hello fellow music fanatics the Dimebucker is not for every one. It does have some interesting tonal characteristics. Having been fortunate to install this pickup in a couple of guitars i can sat this,It's not for all types of music...In Fact if your are not in a Drop "d" tuning with HEAVY gauge strings you will not get much out of this pickup. Most guitar players would agree with the one trick pony aspect of the stainless steel twin blade offering. But if your a a Metal player you will like most of what this pickup offers. The harmonics in the higher frequency range is great. Also enhancing the out put the ceramic magnet has a tone boost in most of the high gain situations . It's a far cry from Dime's original sonic disposition. I will agree with the fact of cost and toneal one sidedness this is not for your one guitar guys and gal,s. I do like this pickup for it's high out put and great workmanship . I would not say it's as good as the original Bill Lawrence XL-500 both for the high cost and the one sided tone.