SH-13 Dimebucker review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SH-13 Dimebucker

Purchased from: La Nota

Put mine in my Schecter Omen 6. I tune to E, or maybe a step down. Use 9 gauge D'Addario NYXL strings. It suits metal just fine. You can't really appreciate it until you tweak with you amp settings, then you can really bring out some awesome sounds out of it. Its very bright, squeals are easy as hell with it. Really cuts through. Though without the tweaking, can be really thin. Treble bleed mod was awesome for it. Don't really feel it applies to other genres easily (this is where the treble bleed helps out). Leads slice right through, Van Halen is fun as hell to play with this pup. You wont sound like Dimebag unless you got the rest of the gear. For people like me who tend to like brighter pickups, and listen to any older metal, you'll be pretty satisfied.

Built to last. I don't tend to be nice to my gear, and if it can survive me, it can survive anything. Not a pup to mod (not easily anyway, I sure as hell wont take any chances). The pickup is nice and tight in a hard plastic case, no reason anything should get out of place. Came with a pickup ring and screws that looked out of a construction sight, a detail I really liked, considering you adjust them with a Phillips head screwdriver, instead of a flat one, which I've always found impractical. Soldered and re soldered it maybe 5 times, when I couldn't decide between the Dimebucker and the Invader. Dimebucker won cause the Invader feels to me like it was designed for rhythm more than lead.

Once I tweaked my amp, and pickup height for a few hours I was finally happy. But my first impression wasn't the best. Definitely a pup for people who got good amps and/or a few pedals, and who enjoy tweaking with ther gear. Not so much a swap-n-play pickup. Paired it with a 59 neck and adored the cut throat twangs I got from them. I really dig the design, of course we gotta thank Bill Lawrence for that one. As cool sounds as you can get from it, there is a general thinness that always bothered me about it. Replaced it with a Full Shred, but will be getting a new guitar for my Dimebucker, cause I will not get rid of it. There are some sounds I can only get right with a Dimebucker. Specially harmonics.