SH-1 '59 review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SH-1 '59

Purchased from: Marshall Music

I recently upgraded my Jackson Performer PS-3 with a '59 SH-1 neck and a SH-4 JB bridge pickups. These transformed my guitar into a much more versatile instrument. I was surprised with the output of the '59. It is very powerfull and "full" sounding. Nicely balanced. It's awesome for blues or just plain strumming. My friend did some sweep picking on my guitar and the sound is very bubbly and well defined. I play through a DigiTech RP350 multi-effect pedal and a 65 Watt solid state Laney. I have the neck version of this pickup, it is also available in a bridge version.

I love the way this pickup works with my SH-4 JB bridge pickup (I also did a review on the SH-4). Before I replaced my stock Jackson pickups I usually turned my clean sounds down in the band because they sounded terrible, and my blues tone was muddy and bassy. Now I love my guitar's clean and blues tones with the neck pickup selected. Overall a very versatile and powerfull pickup.

The pickups came packed in foam in little plastic boxes with screws, springs and wiring diagram included. All very easy to understand, I installed both within an hour. These pickups are hand-made and the overall quality is excellent, even the cable attached to it is of very good quality. I'm sure they will outlast my guitar.

SZ320man
    I've got the same setup as you, '59 in neck & JB in bridge in my ibanez SZ. I agree they make a killer combo!!
    padgea7x
    i freaked out when i saw jackson performer ps-3 i have one! i'm still waiting for my '59 to come hopefully it'll sound good with my invader. great review man you made my day
    wikrama
    do you guys have a comment if i set both bridge and neck position with '59 sh1?