SH-4 JB review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SH-4 JB

Purchased from: Marshall Music

I recently got Seymour Duncan's for my Jackson Performer PS-3, a '59 neck and a SH4 JB bridge. These pickups transformed my guitar, it feels and sounds Brand New. The JB has got this nice punchy output with a full sound, a lot of bite and it's crystal clear. Well worth the money spent. I use a DigiTech RP350 multi-effect pedal through a 65 Watt Laney Solid State amp. My friend has a neck-through Jackson Pro-Series with JB's in both neck and bridge positions and this sounds amazing, can be used on both neck and bridge. (There might be neck and bridge versions available as in some other Seymour Duncan models)

If you have a descent mid-range guitar and you want to upgrade the sound, this is a very good option. Especialy if you can't afford to buy a guitar with top-end pickups. I just love my Performer too much not to upgrade it. The tone is very versatile, I play clean and overdrive in equal amounts and this pickup transformed my guitar to something very versatile, heavy heavy overdrive (Slayer, Metallica) and very clear and precise cleans. Well worth the money.

The pickups came nicely packed in foam in a little plastic box with screws and wiring diagram. The cable connected to it is shielded with a braided shield, all very good quality. The quality can really be seen compared to my stock Jackson Pickups, I'm sure this will last the lifetime of my guitar. They are also hand-made.

reddeltasev
    Do you know how it will sound in a basswood guitar? I have a cheap ESP and I need a change.