SH-55 Seth Lover review by Seymour Duncan

Purchased from: ZZounds.com

I use this heavenly chariot of a humbucker on a CJ-400 Cruiser by Crafter (neck and bridge pickups) With a Bogner: Metropolis amplifier and they produces extreme but gentle tone. I Play quite a bit of jazz with my cruiser and this seems to hold up perfectly. Semi-Harmonics and naturals are like a dream. Commonly used in my style, "Shred-Jazz". Giving a fat, rich, bite-like tone; this pickup is easily one of the best I've ever used.

I personally love the option to choose gold or silver covers. Due to it matching my guitar I installed these in, Gold would look awful due to the rest being silver hardware. I don't like the fact that you can't buy it in single coil as the guitar they're installed on has a single coil center pickup as well. But the overall sound is intense but melodic, I'd have to say. Well worth the $300 for the duo.

I'm positive these pickups will last, As everything I've ever bought from Seymour Duncan. I've been using these pickups for around two months and haven't had a single problem. I hope to be a professional jazz guitarist someday, and I'll definatly be using these pickups.

The_lizard_king
    seth lover, thats an interesting name for pick ups but id get them. could it do a fusion type style sort of like jeff beck too?
    Lil Macker
    luyano wrote: can I play Led Zeppelin with the SH-55?
    Well, considering it is a PAF copy, then yes. By the way, to the lizard king, Seth Lover was the guy who 'invented' humbuckers (Rickenbacker did it before Lover/Gibson did), so it's a sort of tribute to him and the orginal PAF pickup.