SH-6 Distortion Humbucker review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SH-6 Distortion Humbucker

(Pickups installed in a medium price range Ibanez RG) This pickup is high output. Actually Incredibly high out put. I ran this through my amp with no pedals at all and I had to decrease the gain on my amp to almost 0 (Depending on how you wire it).

Pros: This pickup has a huge sound. It can really make your riffs scream. You can take a cheaper guitar sound fuller bigger and better. Cons: If you don't have experience in wiring guitars it maybe difficult to install correctly with out getting ground noise. If not grounded properly you get an overbearing buzz that can ruin your sound.

I've had them installed for almost a year self installed. I don't get any creaks or squawks or crackles from it. I played these pickups A LOT my old pickups I had in this guitar (Ibanez infinity) had rusted in a year. I honestly haven't took very good care of these pickups and there's not rust or wear.

ToxicTrace100
    Khriss Bliss wrote: You can't play metal with paf type pkups so this solved alot of my quest for classic metal crack and leads.
    Dude, you so can, it's just a different sound. Of my three guitars, two of them have PAFs, and they sound fine, they're just designed to be warm, not bright.
    ToxicTrace100
    I think you might have gotten the wrong pickup there brother. This pickup is basically a passive EMG81, so saying it doesn't have sqeauling high end, which im sure it does, is rather unsavvy.