SH-6 Distortion Humbucker review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SH-6 Distortion Humbucker

Price paid: A$ 139

The output of this pup is hot. I use this through a 15 watt Peavey Vyper or my Bugera 6262 Infinium no effects. Currently installed in the bridge position in my EC series ltd and it sounds very good I play melodic Metalcore, deathcore in drop b or a sharp and this pick up is perfect tight full bottom end great for breakdowns or just chugging away, cutting mids every note is defined really cuts through in a band situation. The highs are also really good although I prefer the Seymour Duncan JB models highs the highs are good enough for leads. The cleans are good but not the best still usable though.

Overall this pickup is made for metal old or new so if your looking for a pickup that does metal especially low tuned the SH6 is your pup I just love how every note is audible and no bass bottom end mush like I said I prefer the treble details of the JB but the SH6 has the bite you need I replaced the JB for the SH6 and fell in love the JB is a great pickup and does low tuned metal well but the SH6 does it better.

Seymour duncans are good quality and I feel I can depend on this pickup for many years to come.

danvwman
    I personaly don't like this pickup, I was very disappointed with the sound. The Duncan designed hb102 it replaced was almost as good, not much of a change. Very dull and lifeless, but the output is high ...go figure. Maybe if your replacing stock pups in a really cheap guitar they would sound good/better. I like the Dimarzio Super distortion a lot better, that's got a rip your face off output and cuts threw a mix better
    metalpup
    I am after this pickup for my Dean Vmnt-x (basswood, and rosewood fretboard). There is a pair of sh-6 pickups called distrotion mayhem and has an sh-6 for the bridge and another one for the neck. My question is...if anyone knows...is it better to get this set or to buy an sh6 for the bridge and an sh2 jazz for the neck??
    Skysc
    the duncan sh-6 is very good ... it slike aself overdriven humbucker . i like it for metallica , megadeth and old school thrash metal or punk rock ala NOFX , Lagwagon etc .. the ony downside .. the pinch harmonic are a bit weak on that pickcup compare to an emg . BUt great pickup . affordable and nice .ive had bareknuckle pickup and come back to the duncan distortion ... my favortie .