SH-6B review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SH-6B

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend

The pickup is very loud and very clear. Its one of the best metal pickups you can get if not the best. I haven't played every pickup on earth but for me its great. It's very good for low tuning you can tune your guitar down to Drop B and have it clear as a bell. It just sounds great high output, and pushs your amp hard. I compared it to the 500T Gibson Pickup (which IMO sucks) and its 100x better. The 500T can't do low tunings to save its life. I play with a Peavey bandit 112 but i've played with other amps and its still very very good. The pickup overall soundwise is perfect for metal and hard rock, it can't do softer stuff though. When on the clean channel of an SS amp it doesnt breakup really its just warm and twangy (if that makes any sense), but it doesnt make it break up. I don't own a tube amp so it might break up on a tube amps clean channel.

I love that the pickup is super high gain and clear. Its the only pickup i've ever played that can do any kind of metal and not be muddy on any tuning. There's nothing I can say I hate about it, I just wish I could get it cheaper somewhere used instead of having to pay $80 brand new for it. $80 may be cheap for some people but i'm pretty broke even though I work. Either way its great and its in my bridge position.

Ive had the pickup in the guitar since 2006 and its always been good. It's in a BC rich warlock and its been great. I'm positive I can depend on it but for the most part pickups arent something you have to worry about reliability wise. Thats more about if someone wires it bad.

adstr123
    JohnnySolo wrote: how do you install a humbucker in a strat?
    Why the **** would you comment on a review to ask that when Google is just a click away? Christ. Anyway, awesome pickup, looking to get this installed in my Epi Explorer soon