SH-8 Invader review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SH-8 Invader

This pickup is, in a word, epic. It has huge amounts of gain, and produces harmonically rich sustain that lasts for days and days thanks to a D.C. Resistance to the tune of 16.8k- that's more than the fabled Dimebucker. The cermaic magnents (there are 3 of them!) do a good job or producing your picking nuances. If your tone falls flat, or your guitar does not Drive your rig the way you'd hoped, this is a pup worth serious consideration. I know the dude from Avenged Sevenfold uses Invaders for both positions, but I really have to disagree. Even though the neck position has a greatly reduced output, I would highly suggest using it for the bridge position only. This thing is basically made to flatten villages. *On a side note, I found if you roll the volume back CONSIDERABLY (down to 5 or so) you actually get clear, open Acoustic sounds. Go figure!

I just wanted to say: this pickup saved a guitar's life for me. I had an old Les Paul style DeArmond guitar. I was unimpressed with the guitar as a whole, and was on the verge of selling it. At the last moment, I decided to turn in into a project. Little did I know: redemption was neigh in the form of an under rated pickup (and a few other goodies). This pickup won't play the guitar for you, it won't do country and it won't hold your hand. However, if you can harness the fury you'll be rewarded with a responsive, explosive sound that few (if any) passive pickups can match. Long live Seymour Duncan, and long live the Invader!

This pickup dropped right into the guitar, and within 30 minutes it and I were laying waste. The large pole peices means it'll work with both regular and f-spaced instruments- this things has a huge magnetic field. Seems to be built like a tank.