SH-8 Invader review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SH-8 Invader

Purchased from: PMT

When I first got this pickup I was praying that it would sound worth the cash I saved up for it and it pleased me to no end I installed it on my PRS SE Singlecut and plugged it into my Marshall Valvestate 2000 amp I set it up with my usual tonal set up of: 10 Gain 8 Bass 5 Middle 10 Treble I was shocked at the shear crunch it gave me it was a huge step up from the korean stock pups and it was a good one it was really loud and really dirty on the ton but I loved it and if I switched to the clean channel although it was still quite dirty it was good cause it gave that nice classic rock tone I love. Its definitely a balanced pickup that gives off really clear notes and supplies my valuable tone.

I originally bought this pickup based upon its unique look and because everyone told me this was THE distortion pickup now im writing this after about having it a year so I can be sure of it. I love the looks for a start it just looked nice to have a pup that didn't just look like all the others I see on the shelf I wanted different so I bought it and the guitar i equiped with it is my PRS SE Singlecut in the bridge great pickup and I would no doubt get one for any other guitar I would get.

I have no doubt this pickup will outlast even the guitar its in and I will continue using invaders in any guitar I acqire. I've gigged it time and time again no cut outs no issues whatsoever and everytime someone asks me to play a guitar with standard pups i tend to get upset when the crunch dont reach my sweet spot.

Jade_Satriani
    HELLSHREDD wrote: EMG fricken rules , all the big bands use EMG-81 & 85
    If you want that generic bullshit metalcore sound everyone has nowadays, those are great pickups for sure.
    Jade_Satriani
    I loaded the Invader in the bridge of one of those old Drive WildFires and couldn't be happier. Bright, but heavy at the same time. I play mostly punk, which this pickup is great for. It can easily be used for blues, hard rock, and metal sounds too. The clean sound isn't as awful as some say. It sounds very bright and twangy, almost even Gretsch or Telecaster-ish. Am I the only one who bothered splitting the coils? The split sound is reminiscent of a Texas Special. The people who hate it usually went and put it in a heavy-sounding guitar and got mud out of it. My absolute favorite humbucker.
    little jewel
    um using ltd M100fm.i wanna change its pickups.give me some suggestions guys.SD invader or others????
    Kshenton
    I've recently just got a schecter synyster custom with invaders already installed, I've been using the classic EMG 81/85 setup for years in a jackson king V and must say the invaders are a breath of fresh air. As much as I love the EMG's the invaders provide a completely different sound and the output is insane! My advice to anyone wondering about these pickups is to definitely buy some and give them a shot or try your local guitar shop and test them there before if you're still unsure.
    bronco23
    since we're talkin about line 6. i seriously hate my spider 4 75w.it sounds decent but it died once a month after i bought it , repaired under warranty and now it acts up again. using a jackson dinky with sd blackouts . sounds decen tin a cheap guitar.
    jrideout
    I do think that bands which use EMG's all their tones sound a bit simular. Im not saying their bad its just from hearing tones from this pickup and the way Syn's lead lines sound tonally this pickup seems awsome. Depends what your looking for. And if you getting this pickup chances are you not too worried about the clean a good pedal would make a big difference to it though i guess