SH-8 Invader review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SH-8 Invader

Purchased from: Fret Music

This is a fantastic pickup that I had fitted on my Ibanez RG370DXL along with another Invader and a HOT Rail. It has a high output level and it suits my playing style perfectly. I am currently using it through a Line 6 Floor POD Plus which is connected to a Line 6 Spider IV. I mainly use a heavy distortion sound which suits the treble end nicely. This pickup is suitable for the neck and the bridge options and I have it in both.

I love the sound it gives when I turn the distortion up and the notes are still perfectly clear.

I have had this pickup fitted for 4 months because the original ones which were on the guitar broke after a year or so. For the price I paid it should definitely last and lots of guitarists use them so I think I can depend on it.

Louthesnakeman
    HELLSHREDD wrote: I tried these pickups in a custom strat & they sound great , but EMG fricken rules , all the big bands use EMG-81 & 85 & both my axes have them...And that dude that says he hates EMG-s has to be whacked or a banjo picker!
    Dear Numbnut... I have several guitars with EMG's and I love them just like I love the SH-8 Invader in combination with 2 hotrails in my kramer striker 211... yet I also play banjo. Now what? still wanna wack me? it all depends on what sound you like and what you want to play. Not what all the big bands use...
    BFMVRocker
    danvwman
    I have one in the bridge pos my 006 elite. Killer! Down right brutal when maxed out and cleans up well when you roll back to 3-5. On a good tube amp there is no need to switch from clean to gain....just roll the volume knob. The only issue I have with it is the magnants are soooo strong you need to have the pickup set farther away from the strings or else it will kill you string sustain....really! You really need to hold on to your screwdriver too the pickup WILL pull the screwdriver out of your aim and fingers.
    A7X12
    i have invaders in my bridge and neck. I do alot of finger picking and these pickups sound great clean, not sure why eveyone hates these. Lots of bass and lots of treble, best pickups ive ever played
    CALiS*TX
    BFMVRocker wrote: EMGs EMGs Seymour Duncans Seymour Duncans Has anyone forgot about DiMarzios? DiMarzios r my pick any time
    dimarzio suck... my bad
    MaggaraMarine
    ^ Dimarzios are awesome! I tried two guitars, both Charvel Pro Mods. So Cal model had Dimarzios and San Dimas had Duncans. So Cal had much richer and fuller sound and it was great for my style. Maybe if you play metal, you don't want that much of midrange (that I think the Dimarzios had more than Duncans). But my Tone Zone and Evolution are great pickups. Especially the Evolution in the neck position. It's not muddy, it's very clear sounding. And Tone Zone is a great bridge pickup. This is just my opinion and the Duncans weren't bad but Dimarzios were just better for me.
    thusuntotyrants
    Just ordered an Invader to go with the JB Jr. I have in the neck of my strat project. 2 vol, no tone, 3 way gibson switch mounted in the bottom tone hole on the pickguard.