SJBJ-1 JB Jr review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: SJBJ-1 JB Jr

Purchased from: GAK.co.uk

This pickup's output is good- It rsponds to everything, so it is great for harmonics (I mainly play touch harmonics- this makes them sound great! ) I use a Marshall MG15DFX with a EHX knockout pedal and a Behringer UD100. With the Behringer I can get any sound from Brit Blues to Heavy metal. It has a lot of treble and quite a bit of bass and mids. Sometimes it can get a bit weedy if you turn the treble up too high though. It can be used in any position, but I would use it in the bridge for a great solo sound. It is a singlecoil sized humbucker with adjustable polepieces, so don't try and place it in your Les Paul!!

The thing I love about this pickup is the adjustable polepieces- you can really fine tune each of them to what you want with a screwdriver. Want more response from your top strings? Just use a screwdriver. One thing I hate is when I put this in my Squier Affinity Strat the instructions showed my pickup selector as something different, so that was unhelpful and now my tone control for it doesn't work. It sounds a little bit weedy but mess around with the amp EQ and it will sound great. I put this in the bridge and it sounds awesome. If you want a solo ready humbucker for your strat, get this one.

This pickup will last for ages- I have gigged with it already and it still works. It still provides the tone it gave me from the start. Only a nuke or a toddler can stop this beast from working. Great durability. It has a thick plastic casing around it that cannot be removed to increase the durability. My only problem is that the circuit board in printed directly under the pickup- if it gets damaged, the pickup might stop working. This can be a real problem if you store this in a workshop or you are heavy handed. Take care or you might be 61 pounds out of pocket!

XxGibsonSGxX
    But you play it through a Marshall MG. You can't gauge how good it actually is, to the full potential.