TB-10B Full Shred review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: TB-10B Full Shred

Purchased from: La Nota

I absolutely love the Full Shred, it's become my main pup for bridge pick ups (beat the Dimebucker I had in it). I have it on a Schecter Omen 6, and a Washburn X50 PRO FE. Open chords and muting is tastefully aggressive, blues influenced rock/metal sounds amazing. Note definition is great, harmonics are good but could be a tad bit better. It sounds best in my Omen 6, the X50 PRO FE sounds great, but the guitar itself is very resonant, so harmonics and note definition suffer no matter what pickup I use. Also added a treble bleed mod, which makes this pickup way more diverse.

Set up is a snap thanks to Seymour diagrams. Unfortunately the top has the tiniest crash when I raised the hex screws. It's been a year and hasn't worsen, hasn't affected the sound at all. But it's not the first time this has happened with Seymour pickups, happened with my Pearly Gates as well, and my '59. Still, none have developed a problem from this. In the end I've never had an issue with their pickups, and this one specially has officially become my go-to bridge pup. I think the biggest bonus from Seymour are the diagrams, I rewired all my guitars for two volumes, treble bleed, and no tone, it's my favorite setup so far.

I mainly play hard rock and older metal. I really feel I found my sound pickup wise. It's the first time I don't have sudden urges to swap it for whatever. Only bridge I'd buy is the same pickup in black, currently have it in white and zebra. I play a lot of Van Halen and Rose Tattoo and this is fantastic. My favorite songs to play with it is "Feel Your Love Tonight" (main riff sounds siiiiiiiick), and "Dance the Night Away" (tapping harmonics on the money). Any metal that requires muting is insanely awesome and aggressive.

Jehannum
    I bought one of these. The guy at the music shop said it had a warm distortion sound. But I can't hear anything. Even when I hold it right up to my ear. Only when I click it onto the table but then it might as well be a cigarette lighter or a stapler, which would be much cheaper.