TB-6 Duncan Distortion Trembucker review by Seymour Duncan

Seymour Duncan: TB-6 Duncan Distortion Trembucker

Purchased from: Best Buy

This is a really high-output pickup. I use it with my Schecter Omen Extreme 6 FR and a Line 6 Spider IV amp. It completely shreds. It is designed to have low mid frequency and that is why I had my eye on it for a while. It is alike a boost of treble and bass. It is perfect for metal. It is very treble and the bass mix together to make a tight sound that will cut through the mix very well. I put it in the bridge for the best results. It is perfect for me because I am a fan of thrash and progressive metal.

What I love about it? I love the pickup completely I think it looks cool. Sound-wise, it is just mean. It is the best pickup for blistering leads. I like that it is passive and it still sounds as good as, if not better than an EMG 81. It's percussive and it sounds brutal. I like to play along with my favorite band, Sylosis, and with the TB-6 it sounds like I could be the lead guitarist for that band, (even though he shreds 100x better than me.) I put it in my Schecter Omen Extreme 6 FR. It sounds like an $1000 guitar now that I put these new pups in.

Since it is a Seymour Duncan pickup, you know that it is awesome quality. You can depend on it to sound great for years to come. I would buy one for every guitar I own. I got it put in yesterday (Jan. 11, 2013) and I am positive that it will still sound good on Jan. 11 2113. I freakin' like this pup alot. It is HOT and sharp. It has some real bite to it. I can't wai to get on stage and shred with it. It's built to last. It also sounds pretty kicka-s with my DiMarzio Gravity Storm that I got installed with it.

RedEyeShred
    My main problem with this review is the Line 6 Spider IV. The Spider series does not, in my opinion, give an accurate representation of the sound of the guitar and the pickups. A good quality valve amp is a much better choice for testing guitars and pickups. The other thing that annoys me is the all 10's you've given. Don't get me wrong, these are fantastic pickups but they're definitely not worthy of full 10's. The third and final criticism is that you've compared it to an EMG 81, an active pickup. You can never really compare active and passive pickups due to the 9v battery and active preamp of the EMG. Other than those points, good review.
    tangleone
    Haha I am reading this comment now more than 3 years later. I have seen the error of my ways. I believe the driving force of this silly review I made made was pure excitement as a 16 year old rocker. This was the first modification I had ever done to a guitar of mine. Although the comparisons I made in this review are quite silly, I still stand behind this pup! It's a great pickup and It's still going strong now (3 years later) haha