TB-6 Duncan Distortion Trembucker Review

manufacturer: Seymour Duncan date: 01/25/2013 category: Pickups

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Seymour Duncan: TB-6 Duncan Distortion Trembucker
 9.5
 4,115
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
TB-6 Duncan Distortion Trembucker Reviewed by: tangleone, on january 25, 2013

Purchased from: Best Buy

Sound: This is a really high-output pickup. I use it with my Schecter Omen Extreme 6 FR and a Line 6 Spider IV amp. It completely shreds. It is designed to have low mid frequency and that is why I had my eye on it for a while. It is alike a boost of treble and bass. It is perfect for metal. It is very treble and the bass mix together to make a tight sound that will cut through the mix very well. I put it in the bridge for the best results. It is perfect for me because I am a fan of thrash and progressive metal. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Since it is a Seymour Duncan pickup, you know that it is awesome quality. You can depend on it to sound great for years to come. I would buy one for every guitar I own. I got it put in yesterday (Jan. 11, 2013) and I am positive that it will still sound good on Jan. 11 2113. I freakin' like this pup alot. It is HOT and sharp. It has some real bite to it. I can't wai to get on stage and shred with it. It's built to last. It also sounds pretty kicka-s with my DiMarzio Gravity Storm that I got installed with it. // 10

Overall Impression: What I love about it? I love the pickup completely I think it looks cool. Sound-wise, it is just mean. It is the best pickup for blistering leads. I like that it is passive and it still sounds as good as, if not better than an EMG 81. It's percussive and it sounds brutal. I like to play along with my favorite band, Sylosis, and with the TB-6 it sounds like I could be the lead guitarist for that band, (even though he shreds 100x better than me.) I put it in my Schecter Omen Extreme 6 FR. It sounds like an $1000 guitar now that I put these new pups in. // 10

Comments