TE-11 Xbucker Pro High Output Humbucker Review

manufacturer: Tone Emporium date: 04/22/2016 category: Pickups
Tone Emporium: TE-11 Xbucker Pro High Output Humbucker
These are crystal clear and extremely clean sounding pickups.
 9.3
 8.5
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
TE-11 Xbucker Pro High Output Humbucker Reviewed by: dragoneater6699, on april 22, 2016

Price paid: C$ 30

Purchased from: Tone Emporium

Sound: I play everything, from metal to bluegrass. They are crystal clear and extremely clean sounding pickups. Usually when I get a pair of glassy pickups the mid's are cut right out but not with these bad boys. They articulate well when you fiddle with your tone knobs. I'm a tone wide open guy and love them. The pickups handle metal very well, I was also trying out some Zeppelin songs to test the cleans, and Ozzy for the light overdrive. Very clean pickup but when rolling off the tone gave those buttery ringing notes you love to hear from the classics. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Bobbins are standard. Assuming they are tight wound as the out put is exceptional. I would trust these for sure live. It would be nice to have their name on the bobbins. For being such an articulate pickup it would be nice to represent a lesser known company. // 10

Overall Impression: I mainly play heavy metal. I tested this out through a direct box and through a Peavey amp. They work amazingly weather it be black metal with big chords heavily distorted, or fast treble picking you are hearing the highs and lows, and the body. I like these pickups so much I'm gonna order a couple pairs just to put in other guitars or new ones. Might even start taking my Duncans out, they are that articulate. My high out put Duncan's Full Shred and invader. Those were my favourite don't need them any more they got the mid's of the invaders and don't drown out the highs I love from the Full Shreds. The only thing I wish it had was aesthetics. There name on the bobbin would be nice. // 10

Comments