Rocksong review by Tonerider

• Users' score: 7 (1 vote)
Tonerider: Rocksong

Price paid: £ 25.99

Purchased from: Dangleberry Music

Output level is medium. I use this pickup with a rubbish Gibson baldwin studio 10S amplifier and a DigiTech rp55. The tone is good but on the bridge pickupn I think it is too bassy for any lead work really. For rythm and powerchords however it is excellent. But it is much too bassy and it does my head in it just about works with the bass on 1 but with it there it sounds good.

I love the powerchord rock sound. I hate how bassy it is. I installed this pickups in a Wesley dominator which is a very good quality Gibson Explorer lookalike. I have it installed in the bridge position and I did not get the neck pickup. However I think I must have been sent the wrong pickup because it sounds like a neck pick up. Any questions contact me at aidanbell@ymil.com

It does seem like it will last yes but it would be more sturdy if I had got the nickel or gold version. You can depend on it obviously its no good if your pickups just stop working. It is 3 more for nickel or gold covers but I recommend you get them it will really improve the looks and it will be much more sturdy.

JoePerry4life
    Even if it is a neck pickup, the location of the pickup will make it sound like a bridge pickup. Was your tone knob turned down or anything?
    buck.richard
    I just put one in the bridge of a squier body with a mighty mite neck and it sounds amazing. Great crunch with distortion. Able to play metallica, van halen, and even death metal but still good for classic rock. Clean, not muddy.