Warblades Review

manufacturer: Warman date: 04/23/2016 category: Pickups
Warman: Warblades
These pickups would excellent for jazz, blues, and metal.
 8.9
 9.3
 8.5
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Warblades Reviewed by: dragoneater6699, on april 23, 2016

Price paid: C$ 60

Purchased from: Warman Store

Sound: I did this review based off the sound coming out of my Peavy Vypyr as well as a direct interface. I mainly play high gain metal this is what the pick ups were designed for. But surprisingly these pickups are not your normal one trick blade ponies. The mid's and bass on a spectrum would be about the same v very high. These pickups growl they brake up with bigger chords under heavy distortion. Your highs get drowned out. But the clean is where these blew my mind. I've owned Dimebuckers and Original XL500 and this pickup is different than other blade pickups. They lose no articulation when clean they are clear but not transparent. I placed these in an Epiphone Les Paul Special and it turned my guitar from the 150 dollars I purchased it for sound like a mid range guitar 700-1000 dollar guitar. So for less than 200 dollars Canadian I had a shred ready guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: These puckups are very well built. Steel bobbin tops classic bronze back. The ears were a little wide because my Epiphone cavities were a little to narrow, but any installer can tweak them a tiny bit to get them in. They fit a standard mounting plate. Warman pickups come with a mid range plastic mounting ring. So old Epiphone 1 dollar ring in garbage sweet free Warman rings installed. The four wire leads were easy enough to soldier my only gripes were the color code for the wires but after looking them up a little more the install went well enough. I would definitely use them live. Steel tops on the coils mean more durability definitely durable in terms of coil tops. // 9

Overall Impression: These pickups would excellent for jazz, blues, and metal. I've been playing for some where around 15 years and love trying new gear. I get skeptical when I see products in a different price range. But putting into perspective that a pickup with two 2 dollar coils and about 15 dollars worth of magnets and a dollar of copper wire. I have realised there's lots of headroom for price difference on pickups. I would definitely replace this guitar if I was stolen. Looking for new pickups have moved my Gibsons down my rack and slid the Epiphones to the front. The coils are split-able I wired them as normal humbuckers I would be interested to hear them split. Once again this is not your XL500 or Duncan Dimebucker, not comparable it has its own sound it's hard to compare it to any of my other conventional pick ups. It doesn't claim to be active it's high our put, the second you do a chord slide with the distortion on you will be sold. // 9

Comments