Lic P90 Soapbar Single Coil MW90N/MW90B Set review by Wilkinson

Wilkinson: Lic P90 Soapbar Single Coil MW90N/MW90B Set

Purchased from: DanGuitar.dk

Well, at first they may appear a bit noisy, but actually nothing serious. They're not completely silence, but again, it's 20$ and secondly, not many pickups are completely silent. I really like the sound of these pickups, big time. They have a lot of bite and cut right through anything. The bridge position is amazing for solos. The sustain, brightness and clarity - that's really something for me. The neck position is also fantastic. Add some reverb, delay, bit of dirt and compression - there you have the PERFECT Pink Floyd/David Gilmour tone and sound, unbelievable really! I play rock, pop/rock, blues and classic rock - all these genres sounds great with the Wilkinson P-90 pickups. Combining the bridge and neck pickup gives you a mild biting and sustaining jazz and blues tone, ideal for jazz/blues licks and Dominant 7th chords.

Electronics seems to be fine and well made, just install them and they'll run smooth. When installed in your guitar they should last a life time, no doubt. With the right setup, amp(s) and effects these will be totally reliable. Install them, take the guitar to a concert, play some solo with them, see and ask people what they think about your sound, well at least if they know your sound. The finish and overall look of the pickups is absolutely like seeing a P-90 pick from either Gibson, Seymour Duncan or DiMarzio. The look will not fool you, perhaps the sound will, depending on the right set of ears. Solid, durable and worth the unbelievable 20$!

Even though these Wilkinson P-90 pickups are copies of other P-90 pickups on the market, originally from famous brands like Seymour Duncan, Gibson and DiMarzio, it's actually not obvious that these Wilkinson P-90's are actually copies. I find them really nice and does a good job for me. It's surprising to see the price, I must say! 20$?! That's amazing, for 20$ dollars you'd expect... Yeah, what would you really expect?! To be honest, not much, but I'm really impressed with these P-90 pickups anyway.

I've got two of these pickups in my latest guitar, P-90 MW90N and P-90 MW90B, I'm really not disappointed, not at all! I find them really biting and absolutely great for solos! They suit my style of playing well and I wanna use them as long as I can. Of course some will say that there's either a big difference between the Wilkinson P-90's and P-90 pickups from the other big brands, but hey, Wilkinson has done a great job here.