The Rules: Comments In The Articles Section
we value your thoughts and opinions. We encourage you to comment on
every article you read and every video you watch. An honest comment
and a fair rating can be very helpful to writers and other users.
Put simply, a good comment can easily make someone's day.
Unfortunately, we are sure you can see the
potential for both abuse and misuse of this system. New writers should
be encouraged to improve, but angry comments easily discourage them
from writing altogether. In the same vein, insulting bands and users
promotes hostility in the columns, thus discouraging readers from
sharing their opinions. As such, the following areas of the site
are carefully moderated:
The team that moderate these areas are called
The following is a list of rules that ALL user
must abide by when posting in ANY comments section.
Please be advised that, depending on the severity of the infraction,
rule-breaking comments may be met with (1) a deletion, (2) a warning,
or (3) a banning.
1. NO SPAM
- Keep your comments relevant to the topic. Do not contribute meaningless
or irrelevant comments. This includes, but is not limited to,
position comments, whether you care about the article or not,
"Tl;dr"s and so on.
- Racist, homophobic, sexist, and general vulgar comments will not be tolerated.
- Pornographic or gore links ARE NOT ALLOWED. Users who
post these will be banned immediately.
- No advertising. Promoting your own or some other website is not
allowed and will result in a warning. It is also asked that you
DO NOT QUOTE OR REPLY TO THE ADVERTISING SPAM.
- Do not complain about the article contents, the title of the
article or the author. Doing so in the comments section is neither
constructive nor helpful. If you have a suggestion for the site or
would like to provide feedback about the content on UG, there are
appropriate channels in the
UG Forums to do so.
2. NO FLAMING OR BAND/ARTIST/GENRE BASHING
- Personal attacks and insults are strongly discouraged on
Ultimate-Guitar. There is to be NO flaming towards the authors
on this site, members of the Ultimate-Guitar team or your fellow
users. Debate and discussion is welcome between users - just keep
- If there is some criticism you would like to give or if you have
a problem with an individual, do it appropriately and respectably.
Explain your issue or critique and do not resort to name calling.
- Insults towards bands, artists and genres are considered
“bashing” and is not allowed. “This band sucks!” is an example
of bashing and will not be tolerated. “I do not like this band
because…” is acceptable and the correct way to express your opinion.
3. NO TROLLING
- Trolling is the act of posting something designed purely to
incite negative reactions. Such comments do not belong anywhere
in the comments section.
- Do not feed or quote the troll. Just ignore it and move on.
Responding or arguing with the troll will only make things worse.
These rules are subject to change without
prior notice or warning. It is best to point out that each individual
punishment is determined by the Column Cleaner giving it out.
Stay on topic and follow these rules and you should be fine.